If you let your pipes and drains go too long in between servicing, there’s a chance a burst pipe may be in your future. These urgent yet common plumbing issues occur when homeowners allow debris like grease, hair, and food to wash down the drains and become trapped inside their pipes. At Cajun Maintenance our team can visit your home and help you quickly solve your burst pipe emergency.
Did you know that clogged drains can put pressure on your pipes and cause them to burst? Prevent pipe corrosion with safe and effective drain cleaning and clogged drain repair.
What Causes Burst Pipes?
Burst pipes are so common because they can happen for a variety of reasons, including:
- Clogs inside your pipes which have grown big enough that they block the flow of water, causing pressure to build up.
- Old, worn-out pipes which need to be replaced.
- Damage caused by the homeowner during remodeling, renovations, and landscaping.
- Extreme weather, including heavy rainfall, strong winds, and earthquakes.
- Tree roots growing into pipes in search for water.
Can You Avoid Burst Pipes?
Some plumbing issues are unavoidable, but being mindful about the items which get washed down your sinks, shower drains, and toilets can go a long way towards preventing the kinds of plumbing issues that can escalate into emergencies.
Some things to keep in mind are:
- Watch what you wash down: Avoid washing large pieces of food, grease, and hair down the drain whenever possible.
- Install mesh drain covers: These will guarantee that no large items make their way into your pipes.
- Call for regular servicing: Annual maintenance on your piping system can help identify potential issues before they arise.
Old pipes are more likely to burst and wreak havoc on your home. For partial or whole-home repiping in Baton Rouge, contact us!
Trouble with Frozen Pipes? Call Cajun Maintenance for Frozen Pipe Repair
Frozen pipes wreak havoc on many homes. Without prompt repair, frozen pipes can burst and create a mess that can be quite costly to clean up. During cold periods, you need to watch out for clues that your pipes may be starting to freeze. Typical signs you may be having a problem include:
- Little or no water coming out of the faucet.
- A frost buildup on visible pipes and water lines.
- Strange odors and sounds from your pipes.
- Damp drywall.
- Persistent plumbing issues.
While frozen pipes may cause a wide range of issues, pinpointing exactly where the freeze is can be a challenge, not to mention, most lines are hard to access. Here are a few tips to restore water flow to a frozen pipe:
- Apply heat to the frozen pipe. Warm towels, a hairdryer, heating pad, or a space heater should work well.
- Keep the faucet on while warming the pipes to allow the ice to thaw and trickle out.
- Continue applying heat to the pipes until the water pressure is restored.
The best way to repair a frozen pipe is not to let it freeze in the first place. But if they do, call us today, and we’ll be there quickly to get you back in service. We understand how critical it is to keep your plumbing flowing – especially when it’s cold. And our team is well versed in the best preventative measures and remedies for frozen pipes.
Why Work With Us?
Our team is always prepared to go above and beyond to make our customers happy and to provide fast, efficient solutions to your plumbing issues.
Below are a few more reasons why we believe we should be your go-to plumbing experts whenever you find yourself facing a burst pipe or other plumbing problem:
- A family-owned company: We are local plumbing experts and a proud family-owned business. This means you can expect personal attention and friendly service whenever you work with us. We do not consider the job done until you are completely satisfied with the results.
- Trusted local experts: Our team has been helping families in East Baton Rouge Parish for over a decade. We understand the unique plumbing needs of homeowners in our community and are able to provide the most cost-effective solutions that meet your specific needs.