Plumbing problems like clogged pipes and failed water heaters are common occurrences for many Walker, LA homeowners. While some of these are great do-it-yourself projects, others require the expertise of a professional. Put our number in your phone’s contact list and remember us whenever you need a reliable, fair-priced residential plumber.
If you’re not sure who to turn to when you need clogged drain repair, check out our testimonials and find out what others are saying.
Signs You Need Hot Water Heater Repair Service
An aging water heater might not seem like a big deal until you’re forced to take a shower that’s cold as ice. Remember that your water heater works around the clock to provide you with hot water, and that constant usage means stress on the system. While the average water heater lasts about 15 years, it’s helpful to be aware of the signs of trouble so you can fix them before the unit fails. Here are the most common signs that you need to call a pro for water heater maintenance.
- Fluctuating Water Temperature: Have you noticed that sometimes your water comes out lukewarm or even cold? Fluctuating water temperatures is a good indication that your water heater is failing.
- Discolored Water: The water that comes out of the tap should be clear, so if you have brown or rusty water, it means you have sediment buildup in the tank.
- The Hot Water Doesn’t Last: If the hot water doesn’t last as long as it used to, it could be trouble with the heating element.
- Strange Noises: As water heaters age, sediment often accumulates in the tank, which can lead to noises like rumbling, cracking, or popping. Contact a pro when you hear these noises.
- Corrosion: Whenever you see signs of corrosion on the exterior of the tank, it signals that the tank is rusting through and needs replacing.
If you need a hot water tank replacement, you can count on the experts at Cajun Maintenance to give you the best service at the best price. Call us today.
Check out our News & Media for time and money-saving plumbing tips.
Reasons to Consider a Tankless Water Heater Installation
If your old water heater has reached the end of its life and it’s time for a new unit, consider upgrading to a tankless design. Here are a few good reasons to make the switch.
- Uses Less Energy: Traditional water heaters hold water in a tank that keeps the water hot and ready for use, which means the unit must heat the water throughout the day to ensure there’s enough to use. This continuous heating uses a lot of electricity or gas, which can make for a high energy bill. Tankless heaters heat the water on an as-needed basis, so they don’t run all day and night, thus saving you money.
- Unlimited Hot Water: If you have to scramble every morning to take your shower or bath before all the hot water is used up, you can relax knowing that a tankless water heater provides an unlimited supply of hot water.
- Longer Lifespan: The average tank-style water heater lasts about 15 years; however, tankless water heaters can last up to 20 years or more, making them a better value for the money.
If you’re still on the fence about switching to a tankless design, contact the experts at Cajun Maintenance for a consultation.
When to Call a Drain Cleaning Company
Most Walker residents probably don’t think much about their pipes and drains, that is until something goes wrong. However, if you don’t keep your drains in good shape, they can cause major plumbing headaches in the future. Here are a few situations where it’s beneficial to hire a professional drain cleaning company.
- Slow drains
- Foul odors coming from drains
- Annual preventative maintenance